The Holly Collection primarily consists of,
but is not limited to, public and personal historical family artifacts and memorabilia.
The primary focus of the Holly Collection is its preservation and research accessibility, for historians, scholars, students, and cultural institutions.
Kermit Wells Holly, Jr.
Harvey Bernard Holly
Sherrill Tecumseh Holly
Lavern J. Holly
THE HOLLY FOUNDATION
MEMBERS AT LARGE
Vice President/Executive Director: Aikisha Holly
Kermit W. Holly, Sr. 1908 -1995
Lavonia Avery Holly
THE HOLLY COLLECTION
Gregory A. Jones: Website AdministratorType your paragraph here.
Secretary: Gregory A. Jones
The Holly Collection
THE HILL - HOLLY BUILDING
In 1983 members of the Holly family established The Holly Foundation in honor of Kermit W. Holly Sr., music's ambassador to Mississippi, who committed his life to educating students in the field of music. The Foundation currently is located in the historical Hill-Holly Building located at 300 N. Farish Street in Jackson, Mississippi, within the Farish Street Neighborhood Historic District.
Kermit Wells Holly, Sr. was born February 9, 1908, in Hinds County, Jackson, Mississippi. Mr. Holly was a music educator whose professional career as a music teacher and band director span some forty-six years. Mr. Holly expressed an interest in music at the age of five at which time he received a formal education in music and held a host of degrees and accolades in this field of study. Mr. Holly traveled throughout Mississippi teaching and instructing pupils in the study of music throughout his illustrious career, assisting both academically and financially wherever need. Mr. Holly became known as the "Father of Musicians" for African Americans across the state of Mississippi, he was beloved and admired by his family, contemporaries, and students.
The Holly Foundation strives to improve the economic, social, civic, and educational opportunities for underprivileged citizens by encouraging their entrance into the areas of science, humanities, and the arts.
THE HOLLY FOUNDATION
300 N, Farish St. STE C
Jackson, MS 39202
President/Treasurer: Sandra F. Holly, M. D.
Copyright 2014 The Holly Foundation All Rights Reserved
Located in the "Farish Street Neighborhood Historic District in downtown Jackson, Mississippi. The building was constructed in 1913 for Thomas Hill a long time resident of this historical African American business an residential community. Today the Hill-Holly Building is a repository for Mississippi African American, History and Culture, and its primary focus is the "The Farish Street Neighborhood Historic District." The mission of the Hill-Holly Building is to ensure a cultural presence and legacy within the district, through cultural enrichment, historical preservation, and community outreach!